02/02/2015

You Are My Home - Day 2 #Valentine_Series


Right now its standing tall with pride next to my
study and all the blog posts are written under
its radiance. 
I read somewhere, it doesn't matter how big is the house . What matters - How happy is the home? I keep referring to home sweet home in a lot of my posts because, i have a fixation or a kind of obsessive sweet relationship with it. And, it may seem out of context to write about it here, but then, you start loving the things too; which make your concrete apartment a cozy, friendly place to nest. 

It just stands by you in all weather mutely giving you solace and strength. 

So, the gift i am featuring today is this black metal lamp, which i got in my wedding. For one year it was lying at Mathura itself since we were in Mumbai and the flat is too small plus already fully furnished. In 2010 when we shifted to Bangalore, i got it during one my home visits. 

Yamini Bhabhi hope you are doing well and keeping warm in Canada's winter. Love to all.
In the last picture on right, Yamini Bhabhi is standing on my left hand side. This beautiful lamp is gifted by her 
on our wedding. She belongs to Moradabad (UP) and the place is famous for such intricate rot iron stuff. 
L to R : Me, Yamini Bhabhi, her son Duggu, Megha Bhabhi, Alka Bhabhi, Tai Ji, Shubhi, Akshita and Preeti.
Pic is taken on Goverdhan Pooja, celebrated a day after Diwali. Ever since my childhood, 
i have seen it has become a tradition to have one Goverdhan Pooja at Akshay Bhaiya's place. 
Great family get together.  

2 comments:

  1. It's a small, sweet post... :-) the lamp looks graceful...

    BTW, I visited and commented on your blog perhaps a year ago. Then I lost you..:-(

    Thanks to Shweta...I find you again... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mani. Hey keep in touch and join our facebook page. Thanks for visiting us !

      Delete