13/02/2015

"Being We" is "Happy Me"

My Valentine day started from yesterday. I watched two great romcoms at my fav channel, Romedy Now. Thanks to my lovely daughter who decided to pace out with an unpredictable evening nap like an infant at 5 pm. It was a much needed break after a day which started as early as 5 following an important meeting at MG Road Boulevard and returning home - all the way feeling the heat of Bangalore, wondering are you already in Delhi?

So, 5 to 8 taka tak movie dekho and be a couch potato ! This is what I mean when I say I am committed to 'go with the flow' of parenting and look at the opportunity at hand if the kid is not following her regular routine.

I was glued to "The Ghosts of My Girl Friends Past" and "The Notebook". The former one was not that intense or should I say there were less scenes or dialouges with which I could relate my love story. That's what we all do, isin't? We try to find similarity in all the goodness and richness of love when we watch a good love story !

But I bet you must watch, "The Notebook". It's inspired from a novel and set up in 1940s. You would enjoy every bit if you are fond of that vintage style clothing and architecture, too. There is a lot that I can write about the movie and its dialogue but here I am sharing couple of my favourite ones from the novel and movie.

Sharing here the top 5 dialogues from the novel, that I can relate to as 'We'  :-). Since, we is the happiest state of my mind.

“You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”  

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.”

“They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”

“In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods to tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life”  

“We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox.”  

Good morning and happy valentine's day, indeed.

Gracias.
---
PS: Today, I have planned to take her out to visit to those old lanes where we the love birds used to roam around hehehe. Its such a coincidence that when he was in town, even then, we had once thought of revisiting those dating spots !

There is a team cricket match happening and we mother-daughter duo are very much playing...

Howwzzaatttttt !

8 comments:

  1. Wish you a good time with her at the Dating Spots :)
    On a side note, i have marked The Notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. BTW the cab ditched us at the last moment couldn't go there :( There is always a next time.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely correct :) Nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the dialogues, all of them. I missed you at the write tribe group, so just thought of hopping over here and guess what I found this lovely post. It seems both the girls are having a good time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anamika. I know it happens to me i get lost in the work and life and my posts die in my imaginations only. Thanks for poking me to wake up and look around the blogging community heheh. Keep the check !

      Delete
  4. nice read and THE NOTEBOOK is a beautiful movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sahithya for dropping by. Do follow us for the coming up A to Z challenge.

      Delete