20/01/2015

Babloo Pandit Ji !

Needless to say, Sanvi's dada dadi has a lot of faith in God. Though I am a Brahmin, I rarely take front seat to showcase my spiritual side; which is best exposed during happy hours when I critically acclaim all my failures to God and success to destiny. And now status is such, I am more acquainted with the temples in and around Gardani Bagh area, than Janam Bhoomi or Vrindavan. It's like every time we visit our dera, its a ritual to seek blessings of Mahaveer Stahan, Kalibadi, Sai Baba temple and our family' very dear one badka Pandit Ji.

Most of my childhood is spent listening to this :
"Pandit Ji yeh bataeye, sonu ki shaadi kab hogi " ?
Lo ho gai Monu se. Happy ;-)
While the gods are as constant as we had prayed to them last and so their temples, Surendra Pandit Ji - Badka Pandit Ji as he is called fondly and his son Babloo Ji - Chutka Pandit Ji has taken a great leap in terms of fame and wealth. I attribute this to none other than their prized clientele across states.

His calendars and diaries are as full as the CEO of an emerging enterprise who has found angel investors from Wall Street. For an appointment, he actually looks at his business planner and tells. People usually air lift him for weddings and house inauguration poojas. We were not so rich when we moved in to our apartment here in Bangalore and we managed with a Pandit Ji from open schooling system instead of the brand !

Om Namah Shivay !

Anyways, whenever we small town bright people do good in our lives its direct impact is seen on the fortune of our small town Pandit Ji as it takes a U-Turn from Khadi ki Jacket to Fab India's Egyptian Cotton Linen or Nalli's Tussar Silk Nehru Jacket !

Recently, due to Badka Pandit Ji's astute forecast, one of the Jajmaan has gifted him an ALTO car for winning the election in the TsuNamo wave. Now, the once deprived dhoti kurta clad pandit ji has got a chaueffer driven car waiting for him as he toys away with future of some politicians, aristocrats, dhanadya sethaaala afsar and aam adami like us on his smart phone.

Just imagine, what the politicians must be asking?

पंडित जी तनिक ई बताएंइ, ई बार हम कितने  का घोटालवा करेंगें ?
का है न पछिली बार आप बोले की साल २०१२ में हम करोड़पति बन जायेंगे ?
पर कुछौ हाथ नहीं लगा ?
ई खेजरीवाल बहुतो तमाशा किये !

When he came to our dera last year during Chath for grih pravesh pooja (we build another floor), it was his utmost simplicity that he didn't bothered to go traditional way by referring the book for drawing navagrah pooja drawing. He simply took his gleaning white samsung galaxy note 4 and did some swish swoosh and handed over to me to refer his drawing and imitate it with help of two assistants !

Speaking of me, in Mathura every second person knows palmistry or astrology. So, when i first came to Patna for our engagement the first person who gave me extra credit was apan Badka Pandit Ji. I too picked him resembling to my so many relatives and family Pandit Ji's who have identical appearance. Till date he calls me "मथुरा  वाले जजमान"  and in turn i too have promised him to have a V.I.P. darshan of Banke Bihari Ji at Vrindavan. If your roots too go to religious places, you will relate to me. How we people work as religious tour operator in leisure time on voluntary basis and gets loads and loads of blessings in lieu of it.  

The queries of a mango middle class family revolves around, घर कब बनेगा ? विदेश  जाना कब कब होगा? बेटे का बेटा कब  होगा ? बौआ की शादी कब होगी ? धन संपत्ति का क्या योग है ? कौन कौन सी पूजा करनी होगी ग्रह शांति के लिए ?

This is all about our Badka Pandit Ji. Now the post title, its says Babloo Pandit Ji. Yes. So, I am here to forecast his fortune is going to turn around as one of his forecast has hit the bull's eye. Our Sinha Ji has gone to Ammreeeca as forecasted by Chutka Pandit Ji with start of 2015! Don't ask me what he has forecasted for me, you will fall off your chair ;0 , I did !

I am just curious, what might be good dakshina for him. Because i know "unke pass gadi hai, bangla hai, paisa hai, bank balance hai. Aur haan, maa bhi hai" !

This post is written as part of Write Tribe Pro Blogger Challenge and The Ultimate Blogging Challenge

14 comments:

  1. This story is very common and very true! We tend to get confused between spirituality and rituals and it's a sad part. Like you, I also dont like to go to temples but I certainly believe in Good. It had been ages since I visited a temple. Coming to Pundit Jis of our world - my mother probably knows better than many pundits in our area (she is masters in Sanskrit and Hindi) but just because you need to have Pundit (those who knows rituals and may not be the one who understand God) to complete rituals, she ignores their ill-knowledge. I may not like everything happening around me as rituals but I am a conformist - for the simple reason, that its not affecting me. very good post, though it has satirical base but it brings out reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dhanyawaad Pandey Ji. Pandit gyaani ho ya poonga, pandit ko koi dandit nahi karta !

      Delete
  2. I must say you are catching up with the write tribe challenge. Good Work Shweta.
    I have not seen any award logos on your blog ever. This leaves me to wonder if you will accept my nomination for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!!! In case you are thinking what is it, you can find out more about my nomination here:

    https://iknownothingaboutit.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anu. It's because none has given me any, ever. This is probably the first nomination. Although i don't believe in them but i accept this since you have been with my blogging journey all throughout. Thanks a lot. Let me jump in your link first.

      Delete
  3. Is baar guru dakshina main dollar dene padenge bahuriya. Aakhirkaar aisen vaisen jagah ka nahin amreeeeca ki ticket jo katvaye hain tohar babloo panditji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAhaha haan kyun nahi. Aur tumhe Pounds :)

      Delete
  4. Nice to read some hard facts put nicely. It's a pity that a lot of Indians like quick-fix solutions to problems, rather than applying own mind and master life skills. They become easy prey to these so called god men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Prasanna Ji. Thanks for dropping by and good to meet you over write tribe.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for showing a piece of your life, so different to my own. Here in England, many people do not follow religion at all, for the very reasons you state. I keep my own council, and meditate daily, believing in a Higher Power in my own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Francene. India is a way too complex when it comes to religion. There is a certain section of uber urban people emerging who believes in spirituality and questions the myths (which truly are) but not spoken out open. Thanks for visiting us.

      Delete
  6. Haven't we all met a pandit or two in our life! This post is so true and common in India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting for the one who predicts his own fortune. But i believe astrology is not fake its based on calculations and there is a maths behind it. Like its logical reasoning kinds. The sad part is people who don't know this, also claims to be Pandit ! Thanks for visiting us Preet.

      Delete
  7. so Sinha ji is in Amreeka!!! and I am wondering why haven't you come along? Awesome Post and yes Monu ki Shaadi to Sonu se hi Honi hai:) and yes I am also surrounded by Babloo Panditji but they all keep changing the grah Dasha:) All depends on the dakshina it seems:) I was told when I travelled here and I quote " Bachi Videsh yatra charam seema par hai, Ab to Laptop ke roop mein hi dakshina lenge"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah sahi main. I am afraid unke laptop ka configuration mere se bhi better hai ! Kahin next election par unhe safed apple hi na de de koi politician !

      Delete